Applications for the second edition of Aveiro Urban Challenges are officially open. Registrations can be submitted until March 14th 2021 on initiative’s webpage.
Designed to startups, scaleups and R&D institutions, the 2nd edition of Aveiro Urban Challenges aims to reward the best ideas and solutions to address urban challenges identified by the different units of the council. Organised in partnership with Beta-i, the Municipality of Aveiro will choose the five finalists to develop and test their solutions, along with with access to training workshops, network of mentors available to support projects throughout the program and a prize money of 20,000.00€ for the development of the solution.
This year, the selected candidates face the following challenges:
1. Intelligent Management of Users and Visitors: Technological solution for public management in events and cultural spaces (indoor or outdoor), under the mentorship of the Culture and Tourism Division;
2. Inclusive Tourist Guide: Tool to promote the city, through the provision of an innovative and integrated form of tourist information (accommodation, restaurants, entertainment, etc.), online ticket sales, 360º experiences, among other services. Under the mentorship of the Culture and Tourism Division;
3. Flood Management: Solution to control and maintain the level of water in Aveiro's urban canals, having in mind external variables that have impact in the water level. MEntorship of the Mobility and Transport Division and the Department of Environment and Planning of the University of Aveiro;
4. Edge Computing for urban mobility over LIDAR sensors: Development of an Edge Computing solution for data analysis and processing through LIDAR detection of vehicles and people in the public space in order to avoid traffic congestion and reduce accidents, under the supervision of the Mobility and Transport Division of the Aveiro City Council and the Telecommunications Institute;
5. Aveiro Challenge candidate for European Capital of Culture 2027: Development of a platform for mapping, mediation, communication and cultural creation, between the Cultural and Creative Industries of the Region of Aveiro, under the mentorship of the ECoC2027 team.
The Aveiro STEAM Cidade project is co-financed by the Regional Development Fund - FEDER, through the Innovative Urban Actions program. Its global investment is € 6,115,915 with ERDF support € 4,892,732.
All rights reserved © Aveiro Tech City / Câmara Municipal de Aveiro